Saturday, September 20, 2008

So much for the Window Seat...

This past week I celebrated my 10 year "telecommuting" anniversary. I remember the conversation with my boss just like it was yesterday. He reluctantly agreed to give it a trial run with the caveat that if someone wanted my window office I would have to move to an inner cube and lose my window. I happily agreed thinking no one would lay claim on my office....within three weeks I was told that I had to move to an inner cube...someone who worked in the office full time wanted my coveted window office. It was truly a BUMMER but I was so happy to be telecommuting that I didn't mind. I have had held 5 different positions since that time, with 5 different bosses, in 5 different offices...but the telecommuting has always prevented me from getting a WINDOW back.


About a month ago I was was lucky enough to move back into an office on the 21st floor with a beautiful view. It has been wonderful! Check out the great view...it's a wonder I get any work done when I'm there.





















THEN on Friday(start violin music now)....I come into the office....and LOOK what I SEE!


















The new building across the street will be 26 floors high!!!! I get to keep the window but I will soon see the building instead of the Valley. Do you feel sorry for me?? Did the violin music help? I still get a sliver of a view but what a disappointment...

1 comments:

Beckie said...

That stinks!
At least you still have a window!
Make sure you aren't picking your nose or have your skirt tucked into your pantyhose when the other office starts looking at you!